Sagging skin is a condition that most of the people experience in their lives. Of course, the most common cause of sagging is ageing.
But we can look in detail about the causes of Sagging Skin.
- Ageing – While age advances, the skin loses its natural elastin and collagen. The primary contributor to plump youthful skin is healthy collagen. Collagen gives your skin strength. Elastin, as its name implies, enables your skin to stretch and bounce back; it is elastic. And when these Youth proteins diminishes, more fine lines and wrinkles appear along with the skin getting saggy.
- Over exposure to Sun – causes loss of Collagen and Elastin, resulting in saggy skin, brown spots, and wrinkles.
Another common skin problem that you face is the flabby, jiggly underarm skin often referred to as Chicken wings or Bat wings. Obesity is one of the reasons for that. Also lack of fitness and hormonal changes with age worsens upper arm definition.
In this article, I am trying to explain some natural ways to prevent sagging.
Food is medicine. So, lets discuss about how to prevent sagging skin through food first.
- Healthy proteins and unrefined carbohydrates build Muscle tone.
- Vitamin C rich foods support Skin Firming Collagen and Elastin
- Omega-3 fatty acids boosts testosterone levels to restore muscle.
|Healthy Proteins||Vitamin C Rich foods||Omega 3 Fatty Acids|
|Quinoa- has 22% protein, has all the essential amino acids for muscle repair and renewal, Silica present helps in building collagen and promote skin elasticity||All types of berries are rich in Vitamin C. The body uses this Vitamin C to boost the production of collagen, which decreases with age. Also, Anthocyanin in berries has skin protecting properties which makes the skin cells toned and healthy.||Omega-3 Fatty acids has anti-inflammatory properties that help to keep skin soft and supple. Salmon, Mackerel etc. are a fantastic source of this.|
|Legumes, Nuts & Seeds||Indian Gooseberry, or Amla. Indian gooseberry, or amla, is a rich source of natural vitamin C. Fresh amla juice contains 20 times as much vitamin C as is present in orange juice.||Dairy products from grass fed animals, Brussel sprouts, Spinach|
|Eggs, Lean meat||Spring greens, Kale, Brussel sprouts, Cucumbers Oranges, Lemons etc.||Flax seeds, Chia seeds, Walnut, Soybeans|
Other tips on Nutrition –
- Moringa extracts can be included in daily diet for healthy looking skin naturally
- Stay hydrated. Staying well hydrated is crucial for preserving skin elasticity. Drink plenty of water and beverages like herbal tea to maintain healthy skin and moisture
- Eating fruits and vegetables — particularly those high in carotenoids like sweet potatoes, dark leafy greens, carrots and tomatoes — has a measurable and perceptibly beneficial effect on skin appearance within six weeks.
- Stop smoking completely. Smoking accelerate the aging process of skin and decreases vitamin A and moisture in the skin, causing elasticity to break down
- Avoid extreme dieting. With extreme dieting, along with loss of fat, muscle loss will also be there. When fat is gone, the skin surrounding will hang down resulting in loss of elasticity and texture.
Ayurveda health tips for preventing Sagging skin-
- Practice daily oil massage. ‘Abhyanga’ as described in classics should be a part of daily regimen. If practiced daily, it can prevent ageing along with pacifying Vata. It is good for eyes and gives longevity to life.
- Face Mask – Use 5 teaspoons of sandalwood powder and slowly mix in water until you have a thick paste. Apply the mask for 1 hour on a weekly basis for natural nourishment of the skin. for natural nourishment of the skin.
- Try our all natural, Vegan KYVTA AGELESS REJUVENATING FACIAL
- You can extract lemon juice which is rich in Vitamin C and rub it on your face and neck. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off with Luke warm water. Practice this as a bedtime routine. This can help for a natural face lift.
- For skin firming and tightening another effective herb is Aloe Vera. Extract the gel from an aloe Vera leaf and smear it on your face and neck. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this once or twice a week for visible results.
You can read more about Aloe Vera here – Aloe Vera – Top reasons to use Aloe internally and externally
- Cucumber juice, honey, egg whites, Rose water etc. can also be used for external application. These are natural astringents and great toners. Avoid harsh chemicals on your skin and go behind natural ways for skin care.
Article prepared by – Arya Krishna