Do you know the Sanskrit name of Aloe vera? Aloe Vera is called as ‘Kumari’ in Sanskrit. The meaning of the word ‘Kumari’ is Young girl. There are generally two interpretations for this name.
- Ayurveda uses Aloe Vera for diseases of young girls. It is a widely used herb for skin problems like Acne and ageing. Also, it’s used for menstrual cramps and irregular menstruation.
- If you look at the plant, it looks always young and doesn’t ages.
Ayurveda facts on Aloe vera –
- It pacifies all the three doshas – Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
- Part used – Leaf
- Used in constipation and abdominal distension
- It is useful in treating burns – application of aloe Vera gel with turmeric heals scars and burns
- It improves strength and vitality
- Widely used herb in Vata imbalances like Neuralgia
- It is an excellent Rasayana – anti ageing property – helps in rejuvenation and regeneration
- It improves hair quality, strength and removes dandruff
Top 5 Reasons Why you should be applying Aloe Vera on your face and skin
- The benefits of Aloe Vera in protecting the skin against harmful radiations has been clinically proved.1
- Aloe gel significantly improves wrinkles and elasticity in photoaged human skin, with an increase in collagen production.2
- It moisturizes the skin without greasy appearance and therefore can be used by all skin types.
- The auxin and gibberllins in aloe has anti-inflammatory properties which is effective in preventing acne and skin rashes. It’s a great natural treatment for blemishes and stretch marks.
- The presence of Beta carotenes, Vitamin C and E helps in keeping the skin firm and hydrated.
Reason why you should take Aloe Vera internally.
Even when taken internally, due to detoxifying effect on liver it purifies the blood and is beneficial to skin.
- How to take Aloe internally for radiant skin?
- Soak Aloe leaf in a cup of warm water over night. In the morning drink that water as first thing in the morning.
- 30-50 mL of Aloe juice with 1 tsp honey (Aloe Vera is bitter in taste, honey is for balancing the bitter taste)
Aloe Vera for Healthy hair
- The proteolytic enzymes present helps in repairing the dead skin cells in scalp.
- As I already mentioned Aloe Vera is considered as a Rasayana drug – i.e. rejuvenative drug in Ayurveda. The application of Aloe gel helps in rejuvenation of hair follicles along with prevention of dandruff, and irritated dry scalp.
- Due to its moisturizing action, you can tame your unruly hair and keep your scalp and hair moisturized.
Unlike conventional, chemical based hair and skin products check out the Importance of Natural skin and hair care
Also check out our range of all-natural herbal products Kyvta
- Acemannan-containing wound dressing gel reduces radiation-induced skin reactions in C3H mice. Aloe for reducing Sun burn
2. Dietary Aloe Vera Supplementation Improves Facial Wrinkles and Elasticity and It Increases the Type I Procollagen Gene Expression in Human Skin in vivo Aloe for rejuvenation